There is a saying that goes, “Knowledge is Power.” But how adamant are we in accepting this?
In fact, in old age, different countries adopted different methodologies to store and share knowledge. Bamboo was preferred by the Chinese, while Papyrus was loved by Egyptians, and then came the age of paperwork. When the paper was used to share information, it was common in almost all countries, no matter what! How was it managed?
After that, it was a big revolution in the Internet era. Everything is digitized, Internet, Internet everywhere….. It lessens the burden of paperwork. While traveling with technological advancements, it is evident that you change with time. The preferences change, the business functions change, and much more happens. The only way to survive is to be on the top list with customer service.
So, are we deviating from what we are trying to cover in this blog?
What we wanted to bring here are the ages that we have passed through and the difference in technological advancements that have changed how we work and function.
Well, today, businesses need to focus on serving their customers well. Agree? Because competition is high, if not you, your competitor is always ready to accept your prospect.
So in a high-fi world like this, treat your customers well even after the sales conversion and the project completion so that you get even more best deals. Your customers can be your future evangelists – they can give you more business.
We wanted to ensure that you have the best customer service platform to serve your customers well and make them always delighted.
Through this blog, we have intended to cover:
- A gist of Knowledge base software platforms
- What are some of its best features in it?
- What perks do you enjoy with it?
- Introducing the eight best Knowledge Base Software Platforms for your business
- Over to you!
A gist of Knowledge base software platforms
A knowledge base is a set of databases where you can store essential information about your product or service. It is important because it helps your customers or prospects get the correct data if they are stuck in the middle.
A knowledge base is a repository of your product information that would help your customers solve their queries by referring to it. They are well denoted as self-service portals because they do not require your intervention to sort things out.
There can be two types of knowledge base – one is internal, and the other is external. As the name suggests, internal is all about the repository for internal communication and is accessible only with the login credentials. External refers to the commonly accessed storage, and no login is required. It helps your customers to troubleshoot and get solutions to common problems that may otherwise exist.
What are some of its best features in it?
Once you get a clear picture of what a knowledge base software platform is and what it does for your business, next is to learn more about what features you would look for in it if you need to end up with the right solution.
Well, let’s see what we have found for you:
- An easy-to-use text editor is a must. It helps you to edit and update the information and publish it within the wink of an eye.
- Proper segregation for articles and pages. It needs easy-to-understand navigation and adequate listing of articles to simplify data retrieval.
- Good reporting module. It would help you to analyze and understand the performance of articles in your repository. Some may get you good views, while some may not. Based on the numbers, make changes and keep optimizing it to hit the results.
- SEO-optimization features. While many of us do not understand the significance of SEO for your business, it’s high time. You need to have proper SEO features inbuilt so they can be displayed in top search results.
- Easy customization options. It refers to using the brand colors, themes, font, and many more features that would recall the brand and its visibility everywhere.
- A proper feedback system. It ensures that you are catering to the right audience, and the feedback helps you to improve.
- Documents and File Attachments. It might sometimes become necessary to share files and attachments, which is made possible with most knowledge base platforms.
What perks do you enjoy with it?
Before we dive deep into this, let’s check this scenario:
When you have a product, you do not know how to use it. The first that you do is to contact the support team. Your call will be waiting until the service rep is free and can attend your call. It takes a few minutes to a few hours. How do you manage?
Either you have to wait, or you have to drop off!
Today, the case is different. When you have a query, you will be directed to a knowledge base which would be your self-service portal where you will have access to the information. Quite simple right?
A recent report from Social Media Today says, “51% of customers prefer to support through an online knowledge base.”
Having said that, let’s take a look at some of the benefits you enjoy with a knowledge base software platform for your business:
- Round-the-clock support. You no longer need to worry about the offline support service. Whenever you get an inquiry, it can be immediately addressed.
- Reasonable customer retention rates. Like the scenario mentioned above, there is no waiting time for your customer for information. As it’s readily available, things become much more straightforward.
- Redirect all the information in a single space. This will help you to retrieve data easily for references and lesser confusion.
- Gradually, start increasing your website’s organic traffic.
Introducing the eight best Knowledge Base Software Platforms for your business
Now it’s time for us to understand the eight best knowledge base software platforms you can utilize to change your business.
It is special helpdesk software that helps you hassle-free deliver the best customer support. It is feature-rich if you need to stay connected with your customers across multiple channels. With seamless integration capabilities, you can get hold of your customer whenever a query is posted on any platform so that timely help can be assured. This will help your customer retention to a more significant extent.
The workflow automation feature is significant as it helps automate the complete support process of how the system reacts when a query is encountered and redirected to the knowledge base for commonly asked questions. It can even be configured for rare cases to ensure a service rep is assigned for immediate help.
With personalized customer service on the go, it helps you to retain your delighted customers and make them happier. It has an excellent knowledge base with advanced features to solve your customer queries quickly. Pay as you use – suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries.
It is a combination of helpdesk systems backed by an extensive knowledge repository. The easy-to-use knowledge base editor helps you to create good articles in no time and upload it to get them viewed online.
A shared inbox is an additional feature that helps you to communicate more effectively. SEO features are also available to help you rank higher.
It is well suited for enterprise companies. With a cost slightly higher than others, it offers similar features to a helpdesk, and a knowledge base platform is capable of providing it. Collaboration features are added, and everything additional is chargeable.
#4 Wix Answers
This is well suited for mid-level and enterprise companies. Here, while raising the queries, customers get an option to choose the predefined issues, which can be selected, and a description can be provided additionally for better clarity. Even though features are extensive, basic plans come with minimal features, and only high-end projects have the characteristics of a knowledge base and helpdesk.
It is well suited for a knowledge base with a user-friendly interface. It helps you create internal and external repositories based on the need. Localization is an added advantage that you can enjoy; hence, it refers to only small-scale businesses.
It is an effective knowledge management tool that helps you to share your customer queries more effectively. It has an interface similar to WordPress’s and basic editing features. It also has the provisions to add a form to your knowledge base for additional information.
It is a knowledge base tool and is backed by a ticketing system. Every query will be converted as a ticket and forwarded based on the workflow. There are standard provisions to handle your content and retrieve it later.
Atlassian is a common name for brands that follow agile methodology. It is a well-known internal knowledge base tool that is used for support. With a strong capability of managing a knowledge base, the only drawback is that complete repository access is available for the subscriptions.
Over to you!
So, by understanding the complete list of Knowledge base software platforms for your business, which one would you choose from and why? You have to select the proper forum based on your business requirements.
Was this article helpful?
If you need more help, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.