We have all experienced it, the digital age and the Internet have changed our lives.
In the blink of an eye, now all things now revolve around social networks . And while we still don’t depend on them to live and breathe, suddenly there is a difference between those who are connected and those who are not.
Today there are two kinds of people, those who use their cell phones for all kinds of digital activities such as chatting, shopping or mobilizing to those who use them for productivity issues.
And on the other hand there are the ” anti-technological ” who refuse to know about social media. They don’t care about facebook or any of that stuff that makes them feel like this is all a waste of time.
Table of Contents
CONNECTING IN BUSINESS
For those who have companies there is no option. Staying competitive today requires constantly searching for better tools and strategies to attract more customers.
I have always said, social networks can be seen from different angles. They can be a means of communication, entertainment or a powerful tool to do more and better business.
Many company directors know that social networks have enormous advantages, the most important of which is their great potential to reach new customers more effectively and at very low costs.
What many do not know and confuse is that social networks are NOT just another means of advertising. More than simple advertisements, these represent a new paradigm of communication.
They do not work the same and if they are intended to operate in the same way, the desired results are not obtained.
Of course this is a topic that cannot be explained in a single post. True digital transformation requires taking the subject seriously.
Start by developing an adequate vision of the digital environment to later implement a corporate training process and thus take your company to a new level of communication and operation.
Tips to Start a Digital Marketing Strategy
Whether your business has 100 employees or 2. Or whether your business is 10 years old or 6 months old, here are some practical steps to get you started today:
- Accept the importance of social networks in business and do not resist implementing actions in your company.
- Don’t downplay what you can achieve through digital marketing
- Start a social media plan today before it’s too late
- Do not trust yourself, it is possible that your competitors are already taking action
- Take a digital marketing and social media course today and then prepare a training plan for your employees
- Seek professional advice from an expert, this will save you a lot of money in trial and error
- Hire a trained community manager, do not place the responsibility of your social networks and your brand on inexperienced people.
- Invest in a basic toolkit for social media design and management
- Focus on a content strategy using the 80-20 rule
The biggest return on investment in social media is staying competitive. Don’t skimp on time, effort, or investment.