How To Win A Tender: Practical Recommendations
Experienced businessmen know firsthand that winning a tender is not an easy task, and for beginners, winning such competitions generally seems like an impossible task.
In this article, we will not assure you that winning a tender is easy, but we will try to convince you that it is quite real, even if you are a young businessman.
Three victory conditions: the impossible is possible!
This block of tips is for beginners who think that winning a tender is a matter of luck or chance. No and no again! To win, you need to follow the rules and rely not only on luck.
So, if you are wondering how to win a tender , be sure to pay attention to three important conditions:
- Check out the rules. The first and most important thing is to thoroughly study the tender regulations. You must understand what conditions you agree to and what the customer expects from you. Do not be afraid to ask questions to the employer at the stage of studying the regulations, otherwise you may have serious problems later.
- Make sure you can do everything. Before submitting your application, make sure that you have all the resources to fulfill the conditions of the tender. Do not overestimate your capabilities! Take on a project only if you are confident that you can complete it.
- Make your application perfect! Participation in tenders for beginners begins with the most difficult, but feasible task – filling out an application. This is the first thing that the customer pays attention to when meeting with the contractor. Many employers reject candidates with documentation errors without even considering their proposals. To pass the pre-selection, double-check your application several times, and it is best to seek the help of a competent lawyer.
How to win a tender and not sell your soul to the devil
Have you familiarized yourself with the terms of tenders in your field and are you ready to sign an agreement with Satan with blood? Why such desperate measures? Contrary to popular belief, not only the most reputable companies can win a tender. You need a little courage, a little luck, a little patience and not a drop of blood! We have collected tips especially for you on how to win a tender forbeginners:
- Gain experience. Unfortunately, no one likes to involve firms with little experience in serious projects. Before you start “tendering”, practice on small projects. So you will be able to gain experience and become more recognizable.
- Be honest. Do not even try to embellish or lie. All documents about the performers are carefully checked, any fraud is easily recognized. Provide only valid information or you will earn yourself a bad reputation.
- Gather feedback. Before you bid , ask your customers for feedback. Having good references, especially from reputable firms, will help you get the upper hand over your competition.
- Make a portfolio. Show customers similar projects that your company has previously implemented. A portfolio is an extremely important advantage that many people forget about. Make it the main focus.
- Prepare your firm. Create a comfortable working environment in your company and pay off all debts to employees. Then your specialists will responsibly approach the fulfillment of the tender conditions.
We are confident that our tips will help you beat the competition and improve your chances of winning. But these are just generalized recommendations that will be useful for both beginners and professionals.
If you need more detailed instructions on how to win a tender, then pay attention to the articles related to your field of activity. And remember that you can win, the main thing is to carefully prepare for the tender and fully comply with the requirements of the organizers.